If you are still using clumsy on-premise communication products, you’re missing out (and you’re apparently paying way too much!).
When you talk about a business, there is a lot of things you have to handle, in which communication takes a substantial part and it is complicated now because you have to handle many phone calls, faxes, emails, text messages and this all should be answered or managed successfully. Plus, you have to sit on the desk between 9 to 5 to manage but in the 20th century, telephony services have been transformed. Now the work happens at home, on the road, and at the client side means anywhere, anytime via your friendly phone.
Now the first question begins, What is this technology or…..
What is cloud telephony?
Cloud Telephony is an internet based phone call that does not require any hardware to route your calls, you need a particular number from cloud telephony or telecom provider along with a certain number of ports to route the incoming or outgoing calls to and from this number.
When a call is landed on your particular phone number the vendor API communicates with user web application interface. This web application interface has an appropriate set of commands to execute predefined actions such as playing text file, send SMS. Record etc.
The telecommunications applications, switching, and storage are hosted by a third-party, also known as hosted telephony.
Cloud Telephony – an innovation
In today’s revolutionize world, business communication has also been advanced. Communication happens between people in different regions, on different scales and through different channels not just within the 4 walls of the office.
It breaks the barriers that the traditional phone systems have. Let’s get rolling to know about the ways:
- Supports outside communication: Call centre is no novation, even not for a small business. Running a call centre can be a huge investment that is what cloud telephony can do with ease. It enables the communication in a more sleek, controlled and orderly manner.
- Supports modernization: Cloud telephony helps you to save on costs, increase your company’s flexibility and productivity through technical modernization, set up your company’s infrastructure easily and quickly, and improve continuity of operations.
Benefits of using cloud telephony
Here are some enormous benefits of modern cloud telephony:
- Flexible, Scalable and Secure: You can do any change such as IVR message as well as add or delete a number of agents according to the number of calls and all the data from call records to recording are stored on high-security cloud servers.
- User-Friendly and Zero Maintenance: You can use your own mobile phone and no physical servers are necessary at your office location. So, you have to do zero server cost.
- More Value for Less Money: Cloud telephony have a completely different cost structure, unlike traditional phone system have. Traditional phone system loads additional cost for maintenance on top of your telephone bill but now your dream came true “pay only for you use”. No maintenance charges at all.
- Time to set-up: If you remember……previously your office landline takes a lot of time to set-up; from feasibility test to final installation but now you can set-up and go live in less than a day.
This technology is only as powerful as what it is used for. Cloud telephony, with its creative and fascinating adoptions, has emerged far beyond its anticipations.