Question 1: How would i know that my business needs a toll free number?
You have just set up a business venture and want to invest in priorities. The very obvious question that comes up in your mind at once will be do i really need a toll free number? Though these numbers should be owned by every business for the purpose of organizing calls but it becomes more like a necessity if:
- You are a virtual merchant.
- You want to start a business that deal with the customers nation wide.
- You indulge in marketing campaigns often and depend on phone numbers for that.
Question 2: How much i need to shell out for buying it?
Cost of toll free numbers depend on a number of factors.
- The plan you choose.
- The number you choose (Vanity numbers are expensive)
- The vendor you are making purchase from.
- The minutes you consume per month.
Question 3: Are these calls free internationally?
Callers to the toll free numbers are exempted from charge when they call anywhere from the within the country. International calls to a toll free numbers are not free and charged more.
Question 4: How do these numbers benefit me?
There are multiple benefits of these numbers owing to which there is an spurt in their demand. With the help of these numbers, you can:
- You can track, monitor, analyze all the incoming calls which means a better organization of business calls.
- You are able to give a positive brand image of the product/service you offer.
- Most importantly, they are useful in making more customers reach you with their feedback which means customer retention and satisfaction.
Question 5: What is IVR? How would this help?
To put it in simple terms, IVR or Interactive Voice Response is the interaction of machine with humans using DTMF (Dual Tone Multi Frequency) technology. With the press of buttons, you are directed towards your designation which means that you do not need a real receptionist and available to the clients 24X7 because you can track all the calls coming in the odd hours too.
Question 6: What is a CRM panel? How can it be used?
CRM or Customer Relationship Management Panel is the soul of a toll free number you buy. With the help of this panel you can manage all the incoming calls, can analyze them, can come to know at what time of the day you are getting the maximum calls, track the missed calls and do much much more. However, it is not easy to use and you would be provided with a training from the vendor you purchase the toll free number from.
Question 7: Where should i purchase the number from?
Though the market is deluged with a number of vendors and direct operators. However, doing a little bit of market research can help you get the best deal. Compare the plans and the facilities you are provided with. Avoid buying them from a direct operator as you would not be able to get value added services and IVR.