“I don’t need a hard disk in my computer if I can get to the server faster… carrying around these non-connected computers is byzantine by comparison.” – Steve Jobs, late chairman of Apple
One side where the IT hub of the nation took India at the third position in world’s tech startup hub; on the other side Chennai is in the race of rapid development of software-as-a-service (SaaS) integration. And, the statistics says with this persistency India would gracefully acquire the top position by 2025 at the global level.
Although Chennai’s enormous efforts have been worthless but the unique idea of emerging SaaS ecosystem gave the state a way to find its feet in the IT industry. You will be surprised to know that Chennai is the home for some SaaS organizations which are giving a tough competition to global leaders.
The Zoho corporation initially known as AdventNet Inc. is currently giving a sharp competition to the renowned market leader Microsoft with its cloud business App Zoho Writer. Freshdesk and Zendesk are two other global SaaS-based customer service giants listed among the top categories. According to the reports from sectoral sources, KISSFLOW, OrangeScape, ChargeBee, Unmetric and GoFrugal are some top entities having their roots in the state.
Reasons of Emerging SaaS Ecosystem in India
SaaS is software-as-a-service and something more advanced than ongoing information technology. In the SaaS system customers get all software benefits from specific vendors. These vendors deliver the applications as per client needs and are always accountable for maintaining it remotely in the cloud. There are many secrets behind the development of SaaS technology, some of them are listed below in brief.
- Cut unnecessary costs: With the invent of SaaS technology the startup businesses need not to invest for the hardware implementation to run their applications. In the SaaS system customers are provided with the APIs and maximum work is done from the vendor’s side to run the demanded software for the client. The whole installation process hardly takes a week, day or a few hours whereas the pure information technology can take months or years to run applications smoothly. Also, the client need not to call IT professionals time to time for maintaining the software thus the extra cost can be saved to a great extent.
- Make your business flexible: In today’s digital world the technological advancement in the businesses is on the competitive edge. The successful businesses are prone to adopt the frequently changing technologies so they can add more and more users in the list and expand their roots. With the traditional information technology, it was pretty painful for organizations to change the whole system rapidly as it needs much effort, cost and time. The birth of cloud technology gave a sigh of relief to all small and large companies and made them able to implement all advanced techniques to be a market leader.
- Cloud Apps making startups ‘Brand’ in no time: Whenever someone starts a business, he/she wants to expand it as soon as possible. But, driving people’s trust is not that easy unless your business reflects a brand. Nowadays many startups and businesses are using cloud based branding solutions like IVR services etc to get listed under the premium category and also it doesn’t take much of their amount. The toll free number service impacts the customers and users in different way and defines the organization in more elaborative manner. The hardware requirement for serving all these purposes might cost heavily that cannot be paid easily by a common person.
- Run your business 24/7 anywhere: A successful business doesn’t get run for a certain time span rather it is run persistently. But, have you ever seen any office open for the whole day? Taking the whole office setup everywhere you go is not physically possible but SaaS ecosystem helps to make it virtually possible. Since the applications run in the cloud and can be accessed over the internet from laptop, mobile or tabs etc. having a proper internet connection. Users can show their interest anytime in your goods or services hence it is very important to be connected with them all time so they can be entertained in no time. A fixed hardware setup limits you for a particular time whereas the SaaS based applications are a great help for professionals to work continuously anytime anywhere.
- Customization and integration: In the cloud based Apps the vendors offer API and some sort of customization. Also they provide customers integration to the other SaaS vendors, therefore, they don’t need to buy server for a new application. These services can be bought easily over the internet. Users simply have to enable the particular SaaS offering then the vendor automatically assigns the server based on the capacity of the application and also owns and maintain it. Thus it plays a major role in reducing the cost and time of the organization.
- Bring benefit to business in less time: If an entrepreneur follows the traditional approach then installing and configuring the application can be very time consuming. The whole time to get the software ready for the use depends upon the requirement of the user and its considerable delay hampers the significant growth of the business. On the other hand the SaaS based Apps are already installed and configured. Users simply have to enable it and within a few hours the application gets ready for the use. As soon as the application starts working the businessman can add into the profits using it properly.
- Zero infrastructure and easy deploy: The businesses using SaaS applications need not to think about the underlying IT infrastructure, compatible operating system or database etc. The SaaS vendor takes the responsibility of whole management and users use the software carefreely. A proper internet connection and a web browser are only need to use a SaaS application as the softwares are already installed and configured. Whereas the conventional IT system might take considerable time to install the software and also doesn’t give guarantee of service. The upgradation process also takes enormous amounts of time and cost in the traditional system while the cloud based system offers the multiple instances with different version in the same pack.