What do you think makes the pillar for your business growth? The obvious responses hitting to my ears are the market, the customers and the modern technology. But, what else do you find is important to be extraordinary? Look closely to the business equation and you will find calls and missed calls received play a significant role in attracting those audience who are inclined to your services or products for some logical reasons.
Overall Scenario of Missed Calls
No matter whether you are a global player or mom-and-pop, your consumers believe that you have a good command over whatever you sell and also, you can provide them with a feasible solution for any of their problems. But, leaving calls unanswered mold their mindset to that the problems will remain on the table.
The obvious cases are described below:
- The caller calls and call rings until the customer loses all his interest or disconnect the call.
- The caller is asked to make a call back at a later time.
- Voicemail service is just another way of irritating customers.
Reasons of the above situation
While there are numerous reasons, the basic ones are mentioned below:
- Meagre staff to respond calls.
- Existing staff busy in other business activities.
- Calls are being received after working hours.
- No priority to phone-based services.
Missed Call Cost
Have a look below and get an idea how missed calls impact.
- Digitalization has overtaken the phone call system – is a myth. In today’s competitive business world about 87% serious enquiries are still received through phones. The caller assumes that his issues will get resolved calling the given number but ignoring such essential task can introduce a fair loss into the business.
- 92% of callers will never call you back after giving full rings. The callers on the other side might have your potential customers and they might have called you to make huge booking. Missing out on such considerable conversion harm your business largely.
- 63% of your customers will support your rivals when not entertained seriously. It is natural if your business has not good customer service, even your potential consumer will be reluctant for using your services anymore. And, they will start doing business with your competitors. So, it is advised to respond all calls seriously and no call should be left unanswered.
Not answering to the customer calls is a bad signal to the business
It is fair enough that we are living in a digital era and hence, we are expected to resolve our issues through email or other social media methods. But studies show, phone system is the first way that clicks on each mind when some confusion to be settled comes on the way. Chat is chat and it can never replace the phone call method. Chat is good for entertainment but on serious issues people believe on tone instead of content. It gives an entirely different experience to the customers when they get a chance to communicate with a live executive of your company and somewhere this process reinforces the credibility of the organization in a few minutes as emails are considered inhuman.
Nobody has enough time that they call to a particular business for more than twice. If you are not interested in expanding your business, how can your prospects trust you then? So, focus on each call and never show an ignorant attitude while responding to the cal.
‘Missed Calls’ – Not A Problem
Phone call system setup is a heavy investment – is a misconception. Don’t you think, you must have a detailed data of all the received calls – missed an entertained so you can figure out all the data that can benefit the business somehow. The toll free, IVR services are such facilities that help businesses to keep all record at one place so access and operation both can be done effortlessly.
The obvious solution that a business very often receives is to hire more professionals so all calls could be answered properly and timely. But, in the cut edge competitive world where a single employee completes the tasks of 2-4 workers, do you think more than a limited hiring is possible? Of course, no. So, switching to the Toll free system is a great choice so all call management can be done accurately. Also, the whole setup doesn’t cost you much.
Hence, each call should be entertained as opportunity and any sort of casual attitude would assuredly take you in deep loss.